|Job Title||Drop In & Youth Services Coordinator|
|Type of position||Permanent position, 30 hours per week|
|Hourly wage||$20.53/hour, indexed to inflation yearly with an additional yearly seniority increase (1%).|
About the organization
Project 10 works to promote the personal, social, sexual and mental well being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirit, intersex and questioning youth and adults 14-25. We use a harm-reduction, anti-oppression, and non-judgement approach in all we do.
To read more about our approach and services, please check out our website.
Project 10 is located in l’Asterisk, and therefore we share our space with Alterhéros, Jeunesse Lambda, and the Montreal Coalition of LGBT Youth Groupsé
About the post
This position is the coordinator of support services and the Drop-In, ensuring LGBTQ2AI+ youth have access to resources and support in the safest space possible. The Drop-In and Services Coordinator will work autonomously on projects in their portfolio, with support from an internal supervisor (from the board), an external supervisor (of their choosing) and the P10 staff.
While the Coordinator has their own portfolio, all staff share the collective tasks (representing 25% of your portfolio), such as representing and doing outreach for P10, organizational development, creating a warm and safe space for participants, supporting team members, and collaborating with the board.
In addition to collective tasks, the person will :
Coordinate the referral services and individual support (30%)
- Coordinating the individual support program, including the listening line, the questions inbox, our Facebook chat, accompaniments, advocacy, and Hangouts.
- Maintaining our referral resources, the gender gear program, and the harm-reduction materials (such as condoms, needles, etc).
Coordinate of the Drop-In program (25%)
- Coordination of the night (prepare the space, ensuring volunteer presence, food, metro tickets, organizing any activities for the night)
- Intervention during the program (supporting participants, maintain the safe(r) space, etc.)
Coordinate interns, volunteers, and summer employees (20%)
- Selecting, training, and supporting volunteers for Drop-In, interns, and summer employees
An ideal candidate will..
At Projet 10, we recognize the value of lived experience as well as paid and unpaid work. We encourage applications from candidates who meet many or all of the following qualifications:
- Able to work in a team; strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and adaptable to a changing and busy work environment
- Able to work autonomously and balance multiple projects
- Knowledge of local LGBT2IQA+ youth realities, including
- Using harm reduction and anti-oppression practices
- Putting your understanding of intersectionality into practice
- Significant experience providing support to youth (active listening, peer support, etc.) and knowledge of intervention techniques, for individuals and groups
- Excellent English or French skills (written, spoken), and ability to express yourself professionally in the other language (written, spoken)
- Familiarity with local community organizations
- Training in de-escalation and suicidal ideation
- First aid training
- Resourceful with technology and social media (like Facebook, WordPress, etc)
Project 10 recognizes the unique contributions of people who experience marginalization or oppression and invites people who are Indigenous, racialized, People of Colour, women, lesbian, bisexual, trans, gender non-conforming, people with disability(es)*, working class, HIV+, previously incarcerated, migrant, in particular to apply. Project 10, as a youth organization, encourages those that are near our age mandate to apply. (Unfortunately, those under 18 are not eligible, nor are current or recent Project 10 service users.)
*Project 10 is not located in a wheelchair accessible space. For some information on accessibility on the space, please see this link.
**As this position involves working with youth, we are still doing research into what, if any, police background check will be done for successful applicants. Please check back for updates.
Employees are eligible for health days, vacation, $1000 annually in health and wellness expenses, and $1000 annually for professional development.
All candidates are asked to fill out this form, in English or in French, instead of a cover letter. The form will also ask you to include your resume in a PDF format. You can edit your responses after they have been submitted until the deadline of March 19th 2018 at 11:59pm. Long answer questions have maximum of 1500 characters. If you have any problems with the form, please email apply [a] p10.qc.ca
All candidates who apply will receive a confirmation that their application has been received, but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted further.
All interviews will take place during the week of the 26th of March 2018. The ideal start date for the position is April 17th, 2018.
Any questions about the post can be addressed to Otto at coordoprojet10 [a] gmail.com or at (514) 989-0001 during Project 10’s opening hours (Mon – Thurs, 12 to 6).