*Want to give back to the LGBTQ youth community?
*Ever think about how we could learn to better support each other?
Project 10 is looking for 5-7 LGBTQ* youths to work together this Fall to plan peer-support trainings
What you do:
- Meet 3-4 times between October and December
- Give the project a name!
- Brainstorm trainings topics that will contribute to peer-support skills
- Check-in with other LGBTQ youth and organizations to see what trainings would be useful
- Help recruit other LGBTQ youth to take part in the peer-support trainings
What you get:
- Earn $100 for taking part in these meetings
- Learn how to plan a project! (looks good on a CV!)
- Meet new people
- Learn about other community organizations / broaden your networks
- Learn about empowering folks using a non-judgemental and harm-reduction approach with support from P10 staff, volunteers, and interns to plan and take actionWho’s eligible?
- LGBTQ* youth between 14-25
- Able to attend 3-4 meetings between October and November
- Be interested in learning about peer-support, collaborating as a group, and contributing ideas
- Must have knowledge and experience with LGBTQ realities (ie. Your own life experience!)
No work experience necessary
How to apply:
Send and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you would like to be in this committee (less than a page) with your Name (chosen name is ok!), phone number and e-mail (or something equivalent). Send your CV if you have one, but no CV required.
If writing isn’t your thing, talk to Sarah during drop-in (Thursdays 6:30-8:30) or by calling 514-989-0001.
Deadline to apply is October 1st , 2012
Questions? Contact Sarah at 514-949-0001 or by e-mail email@example.com