Want to involve yourself in an amazing, thriving LGBTQ community? Do you believe in empowerment and non-judgement as fundamentals of supporting youth and young adults? Have a particular interest in or affinity with queer and trans communities, and have time, energy and skills to dedicate to our youth support team?
We are looking for drop-in volunteers for Project 10′s weekly bilingual drop-in. Drop-in takes place Thursday nights from 6:30 to 8:30 pm for LBGTQ and allied youth 14 to 25. The drop-in is an open, semi-structured group, facilitated by staff and interns. The content of the drop-in is largely youth directed.
Volunteers support drop-in by facilitating activities, providing active listening support for participants, contributing ideas and feedback, while working from a harm-reduction, non-judgemental, and youth empowerment approach.
What we are looking for in drop-in volunteers :
- french/english bilingualism
- anti-racist and gender sensitive approach
- interest in learning about and applying a harm reduction, non-judgmental approach to volunteering
- interest in facilitating workshops and activities
- people who think queer/ trans youth and their allies are awesome!
Volunteers are asked to be available to come to at least 2 drop-ins a month (Thursday nights, 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm), as well as 4 volunteer trainings.
This season’s deadline is April 4th, 2015.