Project 10 Volunteer Call Out!
Want to involve yourself in an amazing, thriving LGBTQ community?
Do you believe in empowerment and non-judgement as fundamentals of supporting youth and young adults?
Have a particular interest in or affinity with queer and trans communities, and have time, energy and skills to dedicate to our youth support team?
Then join our drop-in volunteer crew! We encourage all applications, and in particular, we welcome youth (18-25) and people from marginalized communities. All candidates who meet our requirements will have an opportunity to meet with our drop-in coordinator.
To be a drop-in volunteer, you MUST possess:
- spoken French/English bilingualism
- extensive knowledge of or experience in queer communities
- extensive knowledge of or experience in trans communities
- ability to attend our 5-week training*
- a dedication to non-judgement and youth empowerment
- a dedication to supporting a youth-directed space
- commitment to social justice and our mission
- available to attend the drop-in at least twice a month
*our training for new drop-in volunteers usually consists of five 1.5-hour sessions, occurring on Thursdays just before drop-in.
- knowledge of and experience with anti-oppression frameworks
- knowledge and experience around issues related to class, race, ability, and gender
- peer support and active listening skills
- knowledge of and experience with harm reduction models
- workshop and activity facilitation skills
- experience cooking for large groups of people (with a hot plate!)
- sound or media technology experience or knowledgeContact Shauna at email@example.com or 514-989-0001 for more information.