The position is a CANADA SUMMER JOBS (CSJ) contract. To be eligible you must be between 18 and 30 years old. Eligible applicants also need to have been a full time student during the past academic year, and be returning to school full time in the fall.
Project 10 welcomes the contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our organization, and invites native people, people of colour, women, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender and transsexual people, people with disabilities, HIV positive people and working class people to apply. As a youth organization, Project 10 strongly encourages application by people in or nearby our age mandate (14-25).
Some important tasks for Summer Event Coordinator include :
- Attending and animating drop-in on thursday nights to meet participating youth and assess the needs of this population. Drop-in animation involves a significant amount of youth intervention work, whether formalized and scheduled or ad-hoc (supportive listening, referrals, conflict resolution, negotiation and renegotiation of group norms, and intervening when group norms are violated)
- Working with the staff team and youth volunteers from diverse communities to plan an inclusive and participative 4 day camp for LGBTTIQ youth.
- Liaising with other youth-focused queer groups to assist with the planning of Project 10’s participation in the Pride Parade (Fierte), and Community day (historically this has included a fundraising event called Queer Coupe, where we have hairdressers donate their time to give $20 haircuts during Pride festivities).
- Coordinating the youth committee and organizing a Queer and Trans prom night.
Some qualities required for the job :
- still be a student in between 18 to 30 years old;
- in line with our mission and approach (empowerment and harm reduction)
- art skills are an asset
Contract Details :
This contract goes from July 4th to August 22th. You must be available on thursday evenings during that period. You must also be available for Camp (July 13-15th) and for Pride week-end (August 16-19th).
Who we are :
Project 10 is a bilingual community organization that works to promote the personal, social, sexual and mental well being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirit, asexual, intersex, queer and questioning youth and adults ages 14-25. For more information visit our website at www.p10.qc.ca.
To Apply :
Please forward your CV and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail, 2075 rue Plessis #307 QC H2L 2Y4, attn: Project 10 Hiring Committee, by Monday, June 15th at 5pm. Your cover letter should include your motivations and some ideas for drop-in and camp activities. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.