Want to involve yourself in an amazing, thriving LGBTQ community?Do you believe in empowerment and non-judgement as fundamentals of supporting youth and young adults? Have a particular interest in or affinity with queer and trans communities, and have time, energy and skills to dedicate to our youth support team?
Then join P10 volunteer crew! We have two positions open : drop-in volunteer and board member! We encourage all applications, and in particular, we welcome youth(18-25) and people from marginalized communities. All candidates who meet our requirements will have an opportunity to meet with our drop-in coordinator, but we will prioritize gender non-conforming/trans people, people of color, people identifying as women, those who identify as working class, people with disabilities, and those without an academic background.
What we are looking for in drop-in volunteers :
- french/english bilingualism
- anti-racist and gender sensitive approach
- interest in learning about and applying a harm reduction, non-judgmental approach to volunteering
- interest in facilitating workshops and activities
- people who think queer/ trans youth and their allies are awesome!
Drop-in volunteers MUST be available to attend trainings on Thursday afternoons in February and March (5 weeks). Volunteers are asked to be available to staff at least one drop-in a month (on Thursday night, 5:45 pm to 10pm)
What we are looking for in board members :
- Have 3-5 hours a week to give to Board duties and meetings
- have some assets in financial literacy, experience with organizational, policy development and strategic planning, but any skill is welcome.
- Be willing to occasionally support Project 10 on other levels, such as volunteering at events and camps
- Have an enthusiasm for fundraising
How to apply :
Send us your resume and a cover letter letting us know why you would like to be involved with Project 10 and how you think you can contribute at : email@example.com Send your application before February 12. Interviews will happen on February 15-16 and 17h.
For more information : 514 989-0001